The Oxford Foundation School is developing a flexible approach to swapping Foundation year 2 (F2) rotations. Under this policy, Foundation Doctors appointed from August 2020 onwards will be able to swap a whole F2 rotation with another Foundation Doctor, subject to certain guidelines.
- The swap is only available to current Foundation Year 1 doctors based within the Oxford Foundation School.
- Swaps in F1 – no swaps will be allowed within the F1 programmes.
- Individual placements cannot be swapped – only an entire F2 rotation.
- The onus is on the foundation doctor to find a willing swap partner.
- Oxford Foundation doctors MUST have one community post in their 2-year programme. Any swap must not result in a trainee without a community placement.
- Only direct swaps between two Oxford Foundation doctors are permitted. Any rotation swaps involving more than two doctors will be automatically rejected.
- The agreed swap must be educationally balanced, (over the whole 2 years) and approved by the Foundation School.
- The foundation doctor(s) will have to demonstrate that they are making satisfactory progress in their training and that their e-portfolio is up to date.
- The request must be supported by the Educational Supervisor and Foundation Training Programme Director, during the F1 year (this may involve two Trusts and two Foundation Training Programme Director if a cross-Trust swap is requested, and both Foundation training Programme Directors must give approval)
- Only one swap within the 2 year foundation programme will be considered or allowed per trainee – multiple applications will not be accepted
How to apply
Applications are now open and will close at midday Monday 15th February. Late applications will not be considered.