Oxford has a popular haematology rotation which benefits from more than 50% of the training time being spent in the Oxford hospitals. There are currently nine registrars based in Oxford at any time, and seven in the regional hospitals, all of whom interact with Oxford in specialty-specific MDTs. This makes for a friendly and cohesive rotation, which offers excellent training opportunities across the full spectrum of malignant and non-malignant haematology.
Particular strengths include:
- links with world-class research institutes for basic and translational science
- active trials portfolio
- specialty-specific attachments and dedicated laboratory time
- the largest comprehensive care haemophilia centre in the UK
- dedicated paediatrics attachment
- geographically compact rotation that maintains excellent links with the Oxford base throughout
For more information
Prospective candidates are welcome to contact the training programme director Noemi Roy who will be pleased to answer any questions regarding the rotation and the opportunities for haematology training in Oxford.